25 RASSEGNA: SIGFRIED GIEDION: UN PROGETTO STORICO/SIGFRIED GIEDION: A HISTORY PROJECT
1986 Italian / English Edition
122 pages and 112 illustrations devoted to Sigfried Giedion's coverage of the Modern movement of the early 20th century
Vittorio Gregotti [Direttore responsabile]: 25 RASSEGNA: SIGFRIED GIEDION: UN PROGETTO STORICO/SIGFRIED GIEDION: A HISTORY PROJECT. Bologne: Editrice CIPIA, 1986. Original edition [Anno VIII, 25/1 – marzo 1986]. Text in Italian with parallel captions in English and translated English, French and German articles to rear. Quarto. Plain thick wrappers. Printed dust jacket. 88 [xxxiv] pp. 112 illustrations. Illustrated articles and advertisments. Interior unmarked and very clean. Out-of-print. Wrappers lightly worn and spine sunned: a very good or better copy.
9 x 12 soft cover book with 122 pages and 112 illustrations, some in color. The bulk of the journal [88 pages] is devoted to Sigfried Giedion's coverage of the Modern movement of the early 20th century.
- Editoriale by Vittorio Gregotti
- Giedion e il suo tempo by Stanislaus von Moos includes work by Eugen Zoller, Max Bill, Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret, Francis Picabia and Burnham and Co.
- Una storia della storia dell'archittetura del XX secolo by Vittorio Magnago Lampugnani includes work by Henri Labrouste, Victor Horta, Otto Wagner, August e Gustae Perret, Tony Garnier, Frank Lloyd Wright, Walter Gropius, Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret
- Bauen in Frankreich. Eisen, Eisenbeton: Introduzione by Sigfried Giedion includes work by Sigfried Giedion, Victor Baltard and Felix Callet, Louis-Charles Boileau, Paul Sedille, Henro Labrouste, Le Corbusier, Walter Gropius, Gustave Eiffel, Mart Stam, Ferdinand-Joseph Arnodin, Auguste and Gustave Perret and Tony Garnier
- Un libro di storia al servizio di una causa by Sokratis Georgiadis includes work by Sigfried Giedion, Auguste and Gustave Perret, Walter Gropius, Le Corbusier and Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret
- "Konstruktion un Chaos": il grande progetto in compiuto by Dorothee Huber
- Esposizioni reali e esposizioni immaginarie by Gottfried Korff
- Giedion e la nozione di stile by Joseph Rykwert
- Illustrated advertising section
Sigfried Giedion (1888 – 1968 ) was a Bohemian-born Swiss historian and critic of architecture. His ideas and books, Space, Time and Architecture, and Mechanization Takes Command, had an important conceptual influence on the members of the Independent Group at the Institute of Contemporary Arts in the 1950s era.
He was the first secretary-general of the Congrès International d'Architecture Moderne [CIAM]. He has also taught at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University. He was a cool dude and knew everybody.
Under the loose directorship of Vittorio Gregotti, RASSEGNA was an Italian Design magazine underwritten by six Italian firms: Ariston, B&B Italia, Castelli, iGuzzini illuminazione, Molteni and co., and Sabiem. Each issue was devoted to a single designer or theme and lavishly produced, with high-quality reproduction and carefully selected and presented illustrations.